Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Week Living the Dream - Part 1


Studying journalism at university so far has been an amazing and interesting experience, yet i've still had those moments where i've woken up in a blind panic thinking to myself 'Is this really what I want to do? Do I really have what it takes to make it in such a competitive industry?"

If I ever needed anything to persuade me otherwise, to spur me on and motivate me to work as hard as I possible can to achieve this goal, it would have been the past week. Quite frankly I've been living the dream - served a taster of just exactly what a life and career as a journalist/writer/full-time fashion lover could be like.

It started, as most weeks do on a...

Monday

I'm currently a Monday host of a live-to air youth music program called 1700 which airs on Ch31 (digital 44). Every day, from 5-6pm we give you the best clips, interviews and news about what's happening in the local Melbourne music scene. 1700 also covers most of the major festivals throughout the year, which is why I was luckily enough to find myself at Pushover Festival with an 'Access All Areas' pass hung around my neck.


Pushover is an all ages, typically heavier-style music festival which this year celebrated it's 21st birthday. Stationed in the media room directly underneath the main stage, 1700 had seven bands to chat to, four of which I would be doing! Having already got one season of TV interviewing on my belt I felt that I could, at the very least, open my mouth and get a few questions out without completely embarrassing myself. However on the show you're never really alone - always conducting interviews with your co-host. Now, it was just up to me to fill up to 10 minutes of interviewing.

 Despite my initial reservations I got through it and got to chat with the hugely talented VelociraptorTully on TullyMillions and Northeast Party House. It was such an interesting, fun (and tiring!) day and was nice to see all the behind-the-scenes action going on that you miss as a regular festival-goer.

No comments:

Post a Comment